A two-year exploratory study conducted at the University of South Florida, and evaluated and assessed by the University of Pittsburgh, studied the effect of using adaptive lessons in improving pre-class learning in a flipped classroom.
Read the whole article here: https://www.smartsparrow.com/demos/numerical-methods/
This material is based upon work supported partially by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number 1609637. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
May 13, 2017
We are developing content for a course in Numerical Methods on the Smart Sparrow adaptive platform. There is a learning curve for you to get started but it does not have to be difficult. To get going, we propose the following.
- Watch this YouTube Smart Sparrow playlist to get an overview (22 minutes of video).
- This tutorial video will help you make your first lesson (52 minutes long).
- This tutorial from Learning Solutions magazine illustrates the authoring environment.
- The knowledge base for Smart Sparrow is an essential resource and I would concentrate just on the creating lessons part first.
- Then there is always the dependable support available by emailing to email@example.com or by filling an online form.
In our future blogs, we will be illustrating our use of Smart Sparrow in the development of our lessons by creating tutorials based on generic content.
This post is brought to you by
- Holistic Numerical Methods Open Course Ware:
- the textbooks on
- the Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs) available at