Till recently I used to place images used on my blog at my own website. I would do this as I was using the free WordPress.com site where storage was limited. Well, I found out that if I update the image on my personal website, WordPress will take an unknown time to update it at the blog.
- Look at this image http://nm.mathforcollege.com/blog/irreducible_diagonally_dominant1_Page_1.jpg (concentrate on the paragraph before Example 1 to note the difference)
- I use img src=”nm.mathforcollege.com/blog/irreducible_diagonally_dominant1_Page_1.jpg” to include the image in my blog.
- WordPress source puts the image on a secure server as https://i0.wp.com/nm.mathforcollege.com/blog/irreducible_diagonally_dominant1_Page_1.jpg (concentrate on the paragraph before Example 1 to note the difference) .
As of this date, October 21, 2016, 2:50PM EDT, the two images are different. It is because I updated the image on my website but it did not get updated on the wordpress.com site. I have cleared my cache, used different computers and browsers in the house that do not belong to me, used my desktop computer at school, but the result is the same that the two images are still different after a week of updating.
WordPress support has been helpful and ultimately says that it is an image cacheing problem and there is no set time for it to be cleared. I have resolved the problem by avoiding it. I upload images to the WordPress site as I started using the paid premium site.
What do you think?
This post is brought to you by
- Holistic Numerical Methods Open Course Ware:
- the textbooks on
- the Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs) available at